Quechee, VT – The Vermont Institute of Natural Science will host its forth annual en Plein Air Painting Festival beginning September 29 through October 5, 2018 at the VINS Nature Center in Quechee, VT. Artists will paint throughout the week, with the event culminating in an exclusive exhibition and art sale that will take place from October 5 through October 22. Artists will exhibit works produced during the festival, as well as those created prior to this uniquely inventive week of painting.
On Saturday, September 29, there will be an opening celebration for all Artists and Friends, 5pm – 6pm Artist Reception, with Guest Artist and Speaker Wimby Hoyt.
Join artists from all over the country as they capture the remarkable beauty of the Ottauquechee and Connecticut River watersheds. Artists’ paintings are judged and awarded based on different categories. The awarded artists are able to combine their passion for introspective creation with the exciting challenge of competing for a grand prize. The Festival is hosted in collaboration with ArtisTree in South Pomfret, VT, Sculpturefest in Woodstock, VT and Marsh Billings Rockefeller National Historical Park in Woodstock, VT.
The adult registration fee is $40. Youth registration (17 and younger) fee is free; however, entrants are required to complete and mail in a registration form.
Competition Awards include the following:
- $1,000 Best of Show Award: The Best of Show winner will receive a $1,000 purchase award prize. The winning painting becomes the property of VINS.
- $250 Watershed Painting: Natural beauty of riparian environments.
- $250 Nocturnal Painting: Theme is an ethereal, moonlit, starry nights.
- $250 Avian Art: The artist’s personal representation of VINS’ avian residents.
- $250 People’s Choice: The public will nominate their favorite among exhibited works.
- $50, $75, $100 Youth: A category for those 17 years of age and younger to display their creativity. There are three prize places for this category.
- $100, $200, $300 Quick Paint: A scheduled three-hour timed competition. There are three prize places for this category.
This event is possible by the generous support of Wild Apple Graphics LTD, Woodstock, VT. Additionally, VINS would like to offer a special thank you to Steve Roberts, a Founding Funder of the Escalante Canyons Art Festival.